Thursday, May 14, 2009

In Norway, it's Byggmester Bob

Editor's Note: Bob is going to be at The Orpheum June 5-7 in a new stage show Bob the Builder Live!

"Apparently, this guy does more than show kids how to operate heavy machinery. When the whistle blows and the project is finished, he expresses himself through music. His self-titled debut album had two singles go straight to number one on the UK and Australian charts. The first single "Can We Fix It" remains an anthem with the under 5 working class set. His remake of "Mambo #5" ensured that the album received radio airplay for more than a year. Industry insiders were impressed with the artistry, but could not convince him to tour in support of the record.
The long-awaited and much anticipated follow-up album dropped last year to critical acclaim. "It's a much edgier effort and really shows his growth as an artist," said Farmer Pickles. One need not look any further than the album's title, "Never Mind the Breeze Blocks", a clear reference to the Sex Pistols 1977 epic "Never Mind the Bollocks". Bob admits that he really relates to the Pistols music because of the way they address the role of the monarchy and the social class structure in a post WW II Britain.


Great NEWS--- BOB is on TOUR for the FIRST time. His rider includes only one thing: cheese and tomato sandwiches! I wanted to know more about this BOB. I caught up with the man on tour and we sat down for an exlcusive interview. I think some of his answers will surprise you..."

Q. What is your show about?
A. Well, my building team and I have a big job to build a wind farm and recycling center in Sunflower Valley. Things don’t go very smoothly, things go missing and Sunflower Valley gets covered in horrible trash! We all pull together and get things fixed.

Q. Who is joining you on tour?
A. Wendy will be there of course! Along with Scoop, Dizzy, Lofty and Scrambler from my brilliant machine team. Spud the scarecrow, Farmer Pickles and Mayor Bentley have also come along for the ride!

Q. What do you hope that your fans will take away from your show?
A. The team and I have such a great time working together and solving any problems that pop up, I just want everyone to know that The Fun Is In Getting It Done! With this new project, we are also learning that everyone can do something when it comes to reducing, reusing and recycling our everyday trash to help the environment. We’ll share the tools needed to care about the environment through recycling, teamwork, cooperation, and of course, a Can-Do attitude.

Q. How long have you and the Can-Do Crew been away from Sunflower Valley? What do you miss the most?
A. We’ve been away for quite a while. I miss all of our great friends there, but we’ve visited and met lots of great new friends, too.

Q. You and the Can-Do Crew have worked on many different types of building projects. What is your favorite thing to build?
A: Wow, that’s a hard question. I love all types of building – from putting up a house to fixing a garden wall. No job is too big or too small. We fix it all.

Q: Who is your favorite member of the Can-Do Crew?
A. I can’t possibly choose! All my machines are my favorites because they are all great at different things. I need each and every one of them!

Q. Why do you always use the sentence, “Can we fix it? Yes, we can!”?
A. Because it’s true! With teamwork and a positive attitude, everything is possible.

Q. Why did you choose to be a builder?
A. I always knew I was going to be a builder. My dad was a builder too and he taught me everything I know. I couldn’t imagine being anything else.


Q: After a long day at work, how do you like to unwind and relax?
A: Well after a hard day of building and digging, I like to make a nice cup of tea and listen to the radio!

No comments:

Post a Comment