Thursday, August 18, 2011

Orpheum's 17th Annual Art Auction: Spotlighting Memphis Artists

Looking for something to do this weekend? Let us make a suggestion. Come downtown for a fun-filled afternoon of art perusing and purchasing at The Orpheum Theatre's 17th Annual Art Auction this Sunday, August 21st.  This event is free admission.
 
The Orpheum Theatre’s Annual Art Auction celebrates and promotes local Memphis artists who, each year, contribute a wide variety of media and an even broader array of styles. 
 
 75% of each sale goes directly to the artists while the remaining 25% fund The Orpheum’s Education programs. This year’s selection numbers over 150 pieces of art from local artists in the community.


This year’s featured lineup of artists includes
  • Donna Blackard
  • Michael P. Maness
  • Betsy Bird
  • and more!

The event will begin at 2:00 p.m. with a viewing of the art and a silent auction. The live auction will begin at 3:00 p.m.

Visit The Orpheum Theatre's Facebook page for a sneak peek of year's collection.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment