Friday, August 22, 2014

President's Page: The Orpheum's 20th Annual Art Sale

The Orpheum Theatre is proud to bring Memphis’ greatest artists together for our 20th Annual Art Sale.  Tomorrow, Saturday, August 23rd from 1:00 to 4:00 PM, over 40 local artists will be on stage at the famous Orpheum selling their original artwork directly to attendees.

About 400 pieces of art starting at just $30 will be on display.  But this event is more than a great opportunity to experience incredible art.  You will have a chance to meet and directly negotiate with artists for the best price on your favorite works.  You'll be able to get the story behind the piece and learn more about the artist's aesthetic and point of view. 
 
Even if you're not sure whether you're in the market for art, the $10 admission fee includes a wine tasting provided by Hidden Crush and heavy hors d'oeuvres from Flight Restaurant and Wine Bar.  Best of all, you'll be supporting local artists as well as the Orpheum Centre for Performing Arts & Education.  75% of each sale will go to the artist with the remaining 25% being donated to the Orpheum Centre.

It all happens tomorrow starting at 1:00 PM.  I encourage you to drop by in support of our Memphis art community and take a peek at the progress we're making on the Centre while you're here.  Check out our ad in the Commercial Appeal for a complete list of artists.  Tickets to the 20th Annual Art Sale are available at the door or online.

Oh yes: we have the air conditioning going full blast.  So if you're looking for a fun way to beat the heat this weekend, the Art Sale is the perfect event!
 
 
Pat Halloran
Orpheum President and CEO

No comments:

Post a Comment