But there’s one last day we’d like you to know about – #GivingTuesday. In the midst of the hustle and bustle of the holidays, #GivingTuesday reminds us all to take a moment to celebrate generosity.
The Orpheum is a proud member of the Memphis nonprofit community, and over the past two years, the theatre has donated $62,000 in tickets and merchandise to 172 local nonprofit auctions. These contributions help our neighbors raise support for their own organizations, and help as many Mid-Southerners as possible enjoy our Broadway shows, concerts, Student Matinee Series, and other special events.
In just the last month, almost 15,000 students came to the theatre for Schoolhouse Rock Live! and Moses(es), and we’re now only about eight months away from the opening of our much-anticipated Orpheum Centre for Performing Arts & Education. When you drive down Main Street, we hope you enjoy watching it grow as much as we do.
Without you, we wouldn’t be able to bring as much quality education and entertainment to the Mid-South. As you make your holiday shopping lists and get ready to close out the year, consider giving a gift to the entire community with a donation to help us offer more opportunities and preserve our 86-year-old theatre.
Here’s how you can support us:
- Join the Member Circle or Club Level with an individual annual donation. You’ll not only have our gratitude, but you’ll enjoy all the perks of membership, including access to special events and recognition in Orpheum publications.
- Make a contribution to the Capital Campaign. Your support is crucial to completing construction of the Centre for Performing Arts & Education. Every donation makes a difference as we prepare to open a state-of-the-art facility for classes, performances and community events.
- Honor a loved one by making a donation in their name or purchasing a brick at the Centre’s plaza entry. No matter which option you choose, you’ll give a thoughtful and unique gift, with theatre perks or lifelong memories.
All donations made to the Orpheum are tax-deductible, and here’s how your giving helps:
- Education and Community Programs: Donations to these programs provide support to 19 education programs impacting the lives of over 70,000 students and families annually. The theatre is committed to offering educational opportunities that use theatre to develop basic learning skills, discipline, teamwork, and self esteem, and to cultivate the whole person by developing intuition, reasoning, and creativity.
- Entertainment Programming: By donating to the entertainment programming, you are guaranteeing better concerts, diverse Broadway shows, and spectacular special events. About 275,000 guests enjoy the theatre each year, from 327 zip codes throughout the U.S. as well as 15 countries.
- Preservation of the Theatre: The gilded moldings, crystal chandeliers, and the everyday wear and tear on the theatre require constant maintenance. Please help us preserve the historic Orpheum for future generations.
- The Future: Between our landmark theatre and the new 39,000-square-foot New Centre, the Orpheum has an amazing chance to bring more entertainment, education and community events to the Mid-South, and your donations guarantee that our celebrated and innovative initiatives continue for years to come.
No matter how you decide to give this year, we want you to know that your donation is greatly appreciated and that any gift, big or small, helps us to fully realize the Orpheum’s valuable mission. Together, we can make this year’s #GivingTuesday the most impactful yet!